IELTS SPEAKING - A Mock-Up IELTS Speaking Test: A Guide to Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3

Monday, February 13, 2023

A mock-up IELTS speaking test for you.

Part 1: Introduction and General Questions (4-5 minutes)Introduce yourself
Can you tell me your full name?
Where are you from?
Do you work or study?
What do you do for work/study?
Can you tell me about your hometown?

Part 2: Long Turn (3-4 minutes)Talk about a memorable experience you have had
Can you describe a memorable experience you have had in the past?
What made it so special?
How did you feel at the time?
How has this experience affected you since then?

Part 3: Two-Way Discussion (4-5 minutes)Discuss a topic related to the memorable experience you talked about in Part 2
In your opinion, what makes an experience memorable?
Why do you think people like to share their experiences with others?
How do people usually share their experiences (e.g. through social media, talking to friends, writing)?
What are the benefits and drawbacks of sharing experiences with others?

Note: The questions above are just examples and the actual questions in an IELTS speaking test may differ. The goal of this mock-up test is to give you an idea of the format and types of questions you may face in the IELTS speaking test.


Model answer:

Part 1: Introduction and General Questions

Introduce yourself: Hi, my name is John Doe.
Can you tell me your full name? My full name is John Doe.
Where are you from? I'm from the United States.
Do you work or study? I work as a software engineer.
What do you do for work/study? As a software engineer, I design and develop software programs for various companies.
Can you tell me about your hometown? My hometown is a small city in the United States. It's a quiet and peaceful place, with a close-knit community. I love how friendly and welcoming the people are here.
Part 2: Long Turn

Talk about a memorable experience you have had: A memorable experience I have had was when I went on a trip to Europe with my family.
Can you describe a memorable experience you have had in the past? Sure, I'll describe my trip to Europe. It was my first time traveling abroad, and I was so excited to explore new countries and cultures. My family and I visited several countries, including France, Italy, and Germany.
What made it so special? What made the trip special was the opportunity to bond with my family and create unforgettable memories together. We tried new foods, visited famous landmarks, and learned about the history and culture of each country.
How did you feel at the time? At the time, I felt very grateful and thankful for the experience. I felt like I was truly living life to the fullest.
How has this experience affected you since then? Since then, the trip has left a lasting impact on me. It has made me appreciate the world even more and has given me a new perspective on life. I also have a greater appreciation for travel and the opportunities it provides for personal growth and discovery.
Part 3: Two-Way Discussion

Discuss a topic related to the memorable experience you talked about in Part 2:
In your opinion, what makes an experience memorable? In my opinion, what makes an experience memorable is the emotion and personal significance attached to it. When we have a strong emotional connection to an experience, it stays with us and leaves a lasting impact.
Why do you think people like to share their experiences with others? I think people like to share their experiences with others because they want to connect and relate with others. Sharing experiences also allows us to reflect on what we learned and gain new insights.
How do people usually share their experiences (e.g. through social media, talking to friends, writing)? People usually share their experiences through a variety of means, including social media, talking to friends, and writing. Social media has made it easier than ever to share experiences with a wide audience, while talking to friends and writing can provide a more personal and intimate experience.
What are the benefits and drawbacks of sharing experiences with others? The benefits of sharing experiences with others include building relationships, gaining new insights, and inspiring others. The drawbacks can include privacy concerns and the risk of being misunderstood.

For Australian Life Culture please visit: https://aus-life-culture.blogspot.com/ For Video about Australia please visit: https://www.youtube.com/@aus-life-culture.
More Practice Quizzes & Tests:






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 

Followers

Ielts News