IELTS Speaking - Interview Skills - Tell the Truth

Thursday, July 14, 2011

 
What would you do if you were asked in an interview to talk about how you feel about your hometown if in fact you really disliked living there?

Some people might think that by being truthful in this situation and giving a negative answer that this would not be the right thing to do and instead you should lie and talk about how you love living there to give a more positive sounding answer.

Actually, truthfulness is not important and neither is giving a negative opinion of something. The important thing is that you have something to express. If you have more to say by being truthful, even if it is expressing a negative opinion, then that is what you should talk about.


Transcript: 

Examiner: What do you think makes you good at your job?

Candidate: Nothing.  I am very bad at my job.  Because I hate my job.  I'm looking for a new shot in life.  I... do my job because I have to... I need the money but my dreams are completely different.  I am not... I am not expressing positivism, for example... you know... good vibes and I think my colleagues hate me and I hate them…and I hate them...


Source: English Online

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 

Followers

Ielts News